Are you thinking about a website for your business, side-project or business idea? Unsure where to even start? Then this is the session for you!
All Summer at Bambino, we’re running business fundamentals workshops for micro and small businesses and those with an idea they want to run with! We’ve been there, done it, worn the tee shirt.
This session is a basic introduction to what you’re going to need to start up a basic website, without paying a web designer thousands of pounds! And it doesn’t have to be all techy.. We’ll break it all down for you in a friendly, laid-back way..
This session will cover the following areas:
- What do I need to start a simple website? What’s a domain name? How do I get an email address? How much does it all cost? (NOTE: We can help you start your website journey by helping you to order a domain name and hosting package on the night if you bring a debit/credit card with you).
- What options do I have for building a simple website myself? Here, we’ll look the different online tools available to beginners, depending on whether you are selling products online or not.
- How do I test what I am building to make sure it looks OK?
- How do I set up tracking on my website to see if people are visiting me, and how they’ve found me?
- We have limited spaces on this session (5) as each attendee gets their own space to work from whilst we explore the website basics.
- Please bring a laptop with you if you’d like to follow some of the activities on your own computer. At the end of the session we can assist you with signing up to a cost-effective hosting package and domain name.
- This session will run 7-9pm on Wednesday 19th June. Please arrive 15 minutes before the session is due to start to get set up, and to ensure a prompt start.
- We are running a second session – all about building a website on Wednesday 26th June.
- There will be nibbles and soft drink refreshments provided.