At Bambino this Summer we’re running some simple, introductory classes to get to grips with some of the fundamentals of business.
Whether you’re just starting out or have been running your own Etsy shop for years – this introduction to Excel & spreadsheet fundamentals is for you.
We won’t be getting all techy, and we won’t be learning anything advanced. This is a session for people who know there’s a better way to plan out their numbers (better than pen, paper & calculator!), but aren’t particularly computer literate or tech-savvy.
We’ll cover some basics to get you going, and will be running a more advanced session at Bambino later in the year.
This session will cover:
- What is Excel good for? (and not good for?)
- What’s the lingo? (Worksheets, Formulas, Sums, cells etc.)
- What are the most useful tasks for running a small business?
- What are formulas, how do I use them to speed things up, and what the most common formulas I’ll need?
- How do I sort my numbers by price, alphabetically and so on? How can I see which numbers are good & bad for my business?
- How can I print out my spreadsheets effectively?
- We only have room for 5 participants on this session, each having their own table to work at whilst we go through the activities above.
- All participants should bring their own laptop to work on simple activities during the session.
- The session will run from 7-9pm on Wednesday 24th July, and there will be half an hour at the end of the session for additional queries, troubleshooting & advice.
- Nibbles and soft drink refreshments will be provided.